Sunday 2 December 2012

Sentimental Sunday - Nana Daisy

Fourteen years ago today we said our final farewells to a very much loved grandmother and great grandmother.



My mum was with Nana when she passed.  I now know how very sad mum felt to lose her beloved mother as only six months ago I sat with my mum for her final days.

Daisy Marion Morgan was born at Moyhu, Victoria, the second eldest daughter of William Thomas Morgan and Ada May nee Hulme.

I remember my Nana for her gentleness, her sense of fun, love of her family and her wonderful cooking.

My gramps, Archie Fleming, had died nearly 21 years earlier.  Nana was so devastated and lost after he went we felt she would surely soon follow him but she rallied for her children and grandchildren.

I always remember Nana and Gramp doing everything together and I loved going to stay with them for school holidays.

Nana and Gramp with their dogs Suzie and Goldie




1 comment: